2019 Prism Awards honor groundbreaking optics and photonics products
The annual Prism Awards, held during SPIE Photonics West 2019, honored the best new optics and photonics products.
On February 6, 2019, the annual Prism Awards, held during SPIE Photonics West 2019 (San Francisco, CA), honored the best new optics and photonics products on the market.
At a ceremony where long-established companies such as Leica Microsystems (Wetzlar, Germany) shared the winners' stage with disruptive startups like Double Helix—which won the SPIE Startup Challenge in 2016—all Prism Awards winners and finalists hold common ground: whether they are working in healthcare or security, transportation, or scientific discovery, all the companies and products are dedicated to advancing technologies with optics and photonics.
For consideration of this year's Prism Awards, SPIE received 120 applications from 15 countries. Finalists and winners were selected by a panel of international judges that includes leaders from both the technology commercialization and funding sectors.
Below is the list of the award categories, the winners, and their winning products:
- Detectors & Sensors:CloudMinds, XI AI Raman spectrometer
- Diagnostics & Therapeutics: Double Helix, SPINDLE
- Imaging & Cameras: Leica Microsystems, BLK3D
- Industrial Lasers: nLIGHT, Corona fiber laser
- Light Sources: Smart Vision Lights, NanoDrive
- Optics & Optomechanics: Modular Photonics, Omplex Passive Silica Chips
- Scientific Lasers: Toptica Photonics, DLC TOPO tunable optical parametric oscillator
- Test & Measurement: 4D Technology, 4D InSpec XL
- Transportation: Blackmore, Automotive Doppler lidar system
- Vision Technology: QD Laser, RETISSA Display
For more information, please visit photonicsprismaward.com.