We at Laser Focus World are excited to report that our annual Lasers & Photonics Marketplace Seminar, now in its 34th year and the go-to resource for global coverage of optoelectronic technologies, applications, and markets, will return to an in-person event for 2022! Held in partnership with SPIE, it will take place January 24, 2022, at the InterContinental Hotel in San Francisco, CA.
Geared to executive management professionals (but open to all, of course!), the Lasers & Photonics Marketplace Seminar delivers comprehensive analysis of the global market for lasers and all of photonics; its curated speaker and panelist lineup delves into emerging opportunities, niche markets, and changing markets. Here is a sneak peek at the 2022 schedule of talks:
- After the day’s welcoming remarks, the morning keynote talk by Sage Policy Group’s Anirban Basu will supply economic data and analysis juxtaposing the pre- and current COVID-19 pandemic world, as well as a forecast for the post-pandemic world.
- Then, Arnold Mayer of Optech Consulting will provide an analysis of the global market for industrial lasers and laser systems, including recent trends and opportunities in these markets.
- After a 30-minute networking break, Bo Gu of Bos Photonics will jump into an annual review of the Chinese laser market, examining new developments in the relationships of China with the U.S. and European countries.
- Next, a photonics global markets panel will discuss how photonics companies should think about responding to events such as the global pandemic and geopolitical turmoil.
- Following a networking lunch break, SPIE’s Jennifer Douris O’Bryan will present on the latest changes to international government policy and investments affecting the optics and photonics community.
- Then, an afternoon keynote conversation with nLight’s Scott Keeney will talk about the company’s role as a leader in global laser markets, including his views on important new trends impacting these markets.
- Next, the Fernweh Group’s Nick Santhanam will touch on the next wave of innovations in photonics.
- After another 30-minute networking break, Yole Développement will discuss the evolution of lidar markets and their opportunities.
- Finally, a panel discussion with executive leaders of key photonics companies will give advice on navigating the issues that SME photonics firms face because they lack the infrastructure and capital bases of large firms.
We hope you’ll take a deeper look at what you can expect at the 2022 Lasers & Photonics Marketplace Seminar, and we hope to see you there! For more information and to register, please visit endeavor.swoogo.com/lmps2022.