The Challenge: Envision and create the coolest, most useful, and/or fun project imaginable combining Lepton 3.5 with the new PureThermal2 board with Thermal by FLIR from GroupGets!
The FLIR Lepton 3.5 is a radiometric-capable LWIR camera solution that is smaller than a dime, can fit inside a smartphone, and is ten times less expensive than a traditional IR camera. Using focal plane arrays of 160 x 120 active pixels, Lepton 3.5 easily integrates into native mobile-devices and other electronics as an IR sensor or thermal imager. The new PureThermal2 board with Thermal by FLIR is a breakout board that's purpose-built for use with the Lepton.
Come up with a fun, cool, useful, and/or unique project using this combo and you can win great prizes!
- The five finalists all get a Lepton 3.5 and a PureThermal2 board with Thermal by FLIR to bring make idea come alive
- The grand prize package include an expenses–paid trip to Santa Barbara to present the project to the FLIR Lepton Team and $500 gift card to GroupGets store
How It Works
- Submit your project below between March 27th and April 30th, 2018
- The top 5 ideas will become the Finalists and receive a Lepton 3.5 and a PureThermal2 board with Thermal by FLIR
- Finalists build a prototype, upload their code to Github, and submit their project
- The best of the finalists wins the grand prize package!
- Entries must be submitted online by 11:59PM PDT April 30th
- Enter as many ideas as you like
- Limited to U.S. residents
- Finalists will be notified by email by May 4th
- Finalists’ prototypes must be completed and project submission received by June 18th
- Winner & runners up to be announced June 29th
- Promotion of finalists and winner begins June 29th
Submit your idea by logging onto the website at https://lepton.flir.com/maker-challenge/ and please review the challenge eligibility guidelines.
SOURCE: FLIR; https://lepton.flir.com/maker-challenge/