This webinar was originally broadcast on October 26, 2023.
Now Available On Demand!
Already registered? Please click here to log in!
There are significant challenges to address as automakers race towards e-mobility. Perhaps the biggest being the efficient mass production of batteries. Since laser welding of dissimilar thins sheets has earned rising demand for battery electrodes connections, a defect-free welding process has to be performed on behalf of a closed-loop monitoring system. Even with laser welding’s accuracy, there’s work to do.
In this deep dive into the existing challenges and opportunities electrification represents, attendees will learn more about:
- Process characterization and monitoring when welding dissimilar materials.
- Optimization tactics for production environments.
- What correlations exist between the output data derived from the implemented system and the physical characteristics of the welded joint?
- What are the technological steps in battery manufacturing where laser technology is involved?
- Why a robust monitoring system is essential to certify the product quality.
Caterina Angeloni Università di Bologna (IT) Department of Industrial EngineeringSponsored by: